Thursday, January 28, 2010

Grrrrrowl . . . . . .

Was that a good growl?  That is my best bear growl.  Why am I a bear today?  Because the snow keeps falling and I'm feeling like I should be hibernating.  Exactly what is hibernation, you ask? 


       Hibernation is a state of inactivity and metabolic depression in animals, characterized by lower body temperature, slower breathing, and lower metabolic rate. (Wikipedia) 


Oh, yea, I am definitely in a state of inactivity. I don't seem to have the ooompf to do anything right now.  And I'm hating it!!!  I have so many Works in Progress that I'm running out of space to put them.  I just learned that our neighbor (and Kristin's in-laws) will be sponsoring the yearly Saddle Up Trail Ride to benefit St. Jude's Children's Hospital again this year.  Each year I make at least 4 lap-size quilts to be raffled off to raise money.  And so far the quilts are just in the planning stage. 

So where has my get-up-and-go gone???  I wish I knew.  I discovered Facebook, and now all I want to do is play.  So today, (and here comes my word for the year)  I'm determined to break out of this "play" mode and get back into creativity. First I'm going to put away some more of the clutter and make my room a more desirable work space.  Second, I'm going to start spending at least 1/2 hour in that room doing something constructive.  And hopefully, the snow machine will shut off in a few weeks, and the birds will start to sing, and I will feel revitalized, as spring is known to do for me.   But until then, I'll walk slowly, yawn often, and growl when I feel the need.  

3 comments:

Pat said...

I think we all go through this periodically. *sigh*

JustCindy said...

I have to agree with Pat. If you do 30 minutes a day so will I. Meet you on FB to see how you are doing.

Linda said...

Sometimes it takes a good grrrrowl to let Spring in. A good grrrowl and a nice stretch and voila!...the groundhog will tell us we only have 6 more weeks until Spring. Woohoo! Can't wait to see some of your creativity.