Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day that I start focusing on my "determination".  Over this weekend, I have pretty much eaten what I wanted, but tomorrow that changes.  I have my scale, measuring cups, and measuring spoons ready.  I have purchased more healthy foods, and have looked over some healthy recipes to use for lunches and dinners.  Yesterday, the twins and I made homemade cream of mushroom soup.  Years ago, I learned while following Richard Simmons' meal plans, that you can substitute evaporated milk for heavy cream with some pretty good results.  The mushroom soup was good and warming, and with the temperatures never getting out of the teens yesterday, it really hit the spot.

I  bought some ground turkey breast that I plan on using for meatloaf.  I'm thinking that I will put it into individual mini-bread pans, and use the extra for open faced meatloaf sandwiches on whole wheat bread with some ketchup and dill pickles.  With some grapes or an apple on the side, I have a yummy lunch which is totally "legal".

Krissy hooked up my Wii Fit Plus yesterday and showed me some of the "games". It looks like it could be fun, and not seem so much like exercise.  There are some step exercises,  a game where you simulate using a hula hoop, and some other "games".

So, tomorrow is the day.  Hopefully the sun will shine, because it will seem easier to start if it's not so gloomy.  What have you done to begin the New Year?

2 comments:

Pat said...

Wishing you the best of luck. We go the Wii and I guess I need to get one of the fitness things for it. I also want to get a little bicycle thing you use while sitting in a chair. I had one from a yard sale (at a good price) but the grandkids broke it accidentally and in such a way that it was unable to be fixed. I need to go online and look for one that is reasonably priced and get it.

JustCindy said...

Good luck, Linda. I might have tried doing something like this but with the move I'm too tired to do anything but sit.