Thursday, February 25, 2010

Turning Twenty

I finished Mom's last block yesterday, and think the quilt will be pretty spectacular.  So now I'm trying to decide on my next project.  I usually make 5 quilts to donate for an auction at the Saddle Up to benefit St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital that DD Kristin's FIL sponsors in our local area.  I have panels to make two - one is the Queen of the Ranch, and the other is called Back in the Saddle.  But since the Saddle Up is the first weekend in May, I need to (as my Granny would have said) get a wiggle on.  We do accept donations from others, most of our quilts are about 45" x 54" or so.  If you are interested in donating to our cause, please let me know.

I remember buying the pattern for Turning Twenty several years ago.  I tried making a quilt from it, but since I didn't pay attention to what was A and what was B, my quilt looked just like I put it together -- helter skelter.  So, the quilt has never been finished.  I had used FQ's of Halloween fabrics, and not enough solid fabrics, and the quilt is still in the basket of disliked objects.  But since I have boxes of FQ's, I think I will hunt out this pattern and see what I can do with it.  It should go pretty quickly since I can chain piece the blocks and then quilt an overall pattern on it.  So, I think I will mosey back to the sewing room and pull out the pattern and then pull some FQ's to use for the quilt.  Finding 20 won't be a problem -- picking out 20 that will mesh may be a problem.  So wish me luck.  More snow is moving in -- stay safe and warm.

No comments: