Friday, August 27, 2010

Another Friday


For several days last week, I tried to add photos to my blog post and blogger just wouldn't accept them.  They must have fixed the glitch, because this morning it works again.  Thank you, blogger.

I've been busy trying to finish Izzy's quilt before we leave for Disney on the 16th since her birthday is the 24th and we don't get back until the 22nd.  All the blocks are fused and stitched, and now I have to cut the sashing and put them together.  Thought I'd give you a quick preview of some of the blocks today.  Here's Woody.  Not bad.







And here's Jessie, Woody's good friend.  That is not a wart between her eyes, just a wrinkle in the fabric that I didn't notice until the photo was saved.







And of course, the final member of the Round-Up gang trio, Bullseye.  I also did Stinky Pete, just because I like him and Kelsey Grammer - who did the voice of Stinky Pete for the movie.

Of all the characters I did for this quilt, I think Pete is one of the best.  I had planned to use something special for Slinky's springs, but that didn't work out at all.  Daughter Mary suggested that I just use the marker and draw the lines, and that's just what I did.  I was afraid to try anything new since I didn't know how it would wear or wash.


This will be a busy weekend.  Tomorrow morning I have to go for blood work.  I've been putting it off for weeks now, and just can't do it any longer.  Then Bubby has a baseball game at 10:15.  We'll come back home for lunch, but then Krissy is cheering at a game at our home field at 3:00.  I think we might just get hoagies for dinner. But Sunday will be spent right here at home.  There's a chill in the air today, and although it's supposed to warm up next week, I'm hungry for turkey.  So I'm thinking that I will do a turkey breast on Sunday complete with pumpkin pie, stuffing and mashed potatoes.

I've never made a jacket from a sweatshirt, and dug out my patterns thinking that would be my next project.  But then it hit me that I have two quilts to make for a set of twins due in early November and another quilt for my new grandson, due the end of November.  Kristin's friend from vet school is planning on doing the twins' nursery in brown and pink.  I have gathered together a group of brown and pink fabrics, and am going to do log cabin quilts.  However, to make the quilts different from each other, I will alter the block arrangement.  Should be a quick quilt, and yet I love log cabins.  But if I can find time to do the sweatshirt jacket, I think I might do fall appliques on a dark green shirt.  I have a beautiful metallic variegated thread that I could use for the stitching around the appliques, and I could add some crystals (which I bought and have never used) for a little added "bling".

But for now, I have to concentrate on what's needed in which order - quilt, packing, and whatever else pops up.  Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Sounds like you have everything under control. Hubby and I are planning a drive to FL in the winter and a visit to Disney...our first time in MANY years and the first time ever without kids. It will be a different experience that way, for sure!

JustCindy said...

The blocks are wonderful! Can't wait to see it finished. Enjoy the events the grand ones are in the weekend.