Wednesday, August 18, 2010
(Sirens Wailing) Emergency!!
Mr. Potato Head, again ready to be stitched. Once the stitching is completed, I will probably use a fabric marker to make the details darker.
Here's Wheezie, the penguin. I decided to do reverse applique on him. The large white stomach would have shown the black underneath, so reverse applique was a good solution. I cut out the stomach, the eyes, and the beak. Then I inserted the yellow piece under the beak cut-out, and will add the details to the eyes after the stitching is complete. The little grey cloud will have lines from there to his mouth, it's supposed to be a dusty cough.
So, there are the seven that are done. Today I plan to trace off the last 5 blocks and get them ready to fuse. I have 4 weeks until our trip, and I really want this quilt done before we leave since we come home just two days before Izzy's birthday. Wish me luck.