Monday, May 21, 2012

Mission Accomplished

Yes, Mission Accomplished.  I finished the quilts for the Saddle Up before noon yesterday.  It is such a relief to know that they are done.  I haven't taken pictures yet, but will post them when I do.  I really wanted to have four done, and dug out my black and white log cabin top.  I considered finishing it for the Saddle Up.

It was a sew-a-long with Pat Sloan in 2008.  She called it a Break-out-of-Winter project, and named the quilt Log Cabin Insanity.  I really thought it wouldn't be a problem to part with it.  But the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.  So, I'm going to finish it, but it will be for ME!!  I know it may sound selfish, but I really love this top.

Now that the Saddle-Up quilts are done, I need to decided what to do next.  There is certainly no shortage of projects, that's for sure.  I want to make quilts for all the kids for Christmas - before you panic, they're just lap quilts (44 x 56).  For Mary, it's finishing her Toy Story Quilt that I started a few years ago.  For Pat, it's a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Boxy Stars.  It's made of turquoise and pink bandana fabrics.  The blocks are all finished and ready to put together.


 Pam's is also a bandana fabric quilt - it's the
Spin Cycle quilt that I posted from Pinterest.  These are the Blazin Bandana Fabrics that I bought from Bear Paw Quilting.  The blocks and sashings are already cut.  The square-in-a-square blocks are all sewn, and ready to put together.



Kristin's quilt will probably be the most difficult.  I've bought the fabrics to do her a Star Wars character quilt.  The coloring book pages have been found, they have been  cropped and sized and are ready to trace.  It will be a challenge, and I'm looking forward to it.  Izzy wants a princess quilt - I've already done one of those, so it will be fun.  Bubby is getting a Mario quilt since he loves that game.  Jake is really into dinosaurs, and I have enough applique embroidery patterns to do his.  I haven't decided on a theme for Krissy yet.  She loves Disney Vinylmation, and also loves the Disney Nerds.  So it will be a hard decision.  The guys are a cinch.  Jimmy has been asking for a Steeler Terrible Towel quilt for years, and I bought the towels to get started on it.  George would rather watch hockey, and I bought Pittsburgh Penguin rally towels to do his quilt.  Looks like I have my work cut out for me.  Better go get busy.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

There is absolutely NO REASON to feel bad about making yourself a quilt!!

Sometimes we quilters forget about us!

Sounds like you have a busy sewing season in the future...good luck..I made quilts for the family for Christmas, but broke it up into three different years...The girls got theirs, the next year the grandkids got theirs and then the guys were the following year...made it much more doable for me!!

JustCindy said...

I agree with Nancy, quilters need quilts too!

My word! You will be busy for a while and you know I can't wait to see what you are making.

Pat said...

YES...you keep that quilt for yourself. You are always doing so much for others, so you need to do something for yourself, too. As for your Christmas quilt plans, yes....you better get moving!!! I got tired just reading about what you plan to do....LOL