Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Could I Be. . . Royalty????

This beautiful lady is my dad's sister, my Aunt Ruth.  Of all my dad's sisters, I think she most resembles my beloved Grandma.  I've always admired her.  She was always strict, but had the same glint of devilment in her eyes as my Grandma.  You can see it here.  She is a very opinionated lady, and has never attempted to keep those opinions to herself.  And although some of those comments hurt you, you had to respect her for having the nerve to speak her mind.  (Thanks to my cousin Verla for this picture.)

She's always been a classy lady.  I have always loved the way she dressed.  I can close my eyes and see her in her straight skirts and short heeled sandals.  I can see the way she walks.  To me she was the picture of class.




And here's another classy lady - Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain.  Another lady I admire.  She, like my Aunt Ruth, has aged gracefully.  She has a great smile, and you can see a twinkle in her eye.

So where am I going with this???  Well, I've always felt that my Aunt Ruth looked very much like the Queen. What do you think?  And, if she looks so similar to Her Majesty, is it possible that I am somewhere, somehow related to the Royal Family????   Hmmmm.
Maybe just call me Queen Bee.

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

They certainly do favor.