Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a whole new year

Wishing you and your family a new year filled with only good things. This is as close as I will ever come to New Year's fireworks at Magic Kingdom.  Just not my style to spend New Years away from home.  We spend last night at home, with part of our family.  Mary's family and the twins were here.  We've had a tremendous amount of snow here in western Pennsylvania, and yesterday was the first day Rod was able to get the car up our driveway.  Kristin's driveway is worse than ours, and they ended up stuck in the snow when they started down it last night.  Wisely, they went back home and so we didn't get to ring in the new year with them.

Do you make New Year's Resolutions???  I try, but each year I seem to let the same resolutions fall by the wayside.  This year I resolve to not let some of them drop away.  First and foremost, I want to get my blood sugar under control.  For me, it's not so much what I eat as much as that I don't move much. So this year I resolve to do something each day that I don't usually do, something that involves movement.  I am also planning to walk around the house once an hour, and keep track of my steps with a pedometer.

Secondly, I want to seriously work at weight loss.  I think that the walking and more movement will help with that cause, but I have also joined Weight Watchers and ordered the new program of Weight Watchers 360.  To help with the Weight Watchers, I ordered this kit. Don't you just love the pink with the polka dot? It should arrive by Friday, and I am excited to get started.  I'm not setting large goals, but will start by concentrating on 10 pounds at a time.



Thirdly, I want to make my time a little more productive.  I think that cutting coupons and keeping them organized so that I can use them instead of just filing them away, is a good place to start.  I want to stick to a budget, and I'm currently working on an Etsy store.
And maybe I will start a redwork quilt that I bought the pattern and fabrics for several years ago.  This is "Winter Wonderland" by Crab-apple Hill.  Since I love hand piecing, it is a perfect "by hand" project.

So, I welcome 2013 with open arms.  I can't wait to see what it holds for me.


No comments: