Friday, February 1, 2013

Wrap Up The Week

After feeling poorly for what seems like an eternity, I am finally feeling like myself.  After learning that my stomach pain was the result of gall stones, the doctor has put me back on Victoza and my blood sugar numbers are returning to normal.  This alone makes me feel so much better.  I did have a bad gall bladder attack on Monday night, which was most definitely a wake up call.  I had it into my head that I could control my problems with diet, but I now know that if the doctor says it comes out, it is going to come out!  And I've been watching my diet much closer, which is a good thing for me.

I'm planning on spending tomorrow in the sewing room.  But you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men!  I have so much that I want to do, and I'm so relieved to finally feel like beginning again.

The Saddle Up is approaching in May, and I've been considering what quilts I want to make.  It is possible that this will be the last one since the coordinator is starting the feel his age (don't we all!)  and so I'm trying to come up with ideas that will use up some of the western fabric I have accumulated over the years.  I've found one that I can cut with my AccuQuilt GO cutter.  It was a major investment, and I have to admit that I've never really given it a chance to be a major part of my sewing experience.  That needs to change, and there's no time better than the present.

I've recently joined an online community called Craftsy, where they offer online classes in various crafts.  They are offering a class on quilting a large quilt on your home machine.  The class is $30, but if I can learn how to quilt Mary's king size batik quilt myself, it will save me the $200 which I would spend to send it to a longarm quilter.  So I think it's probably a no-brainer.

Have a great weekend, and stay warm.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Get that gallbladder out and get ready for a fun night in April when you and Nancy and I (along with our hubbies) get together for dinner!!! I'm really looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

I've purchased several of their classes, well worth the $$. I enjoy reading your blog. Stay well!