Wednesday, September 18, 2013

New Items Added



New Items have been added to my etsy store.  Click the button on the sideboard for a quick trip.

Last night for dinner, I made a turkey meatloaf and a skinny scalloped potato gratin, both recipes were from SkinnyTaste.  This is one of the sites that I have bookmarked and visit every day.  Her recipes are all Weight Watchers friendly, and she has even calculated the points for you.  I haven't made anything from her site that I haven't liked.  My family doesn't care for marjoram, so I substituted Mrs.Dash original for the marjoram in the meatloaf recipe. I don't care for nutmeg, so I just eliminated it from the potatoes recipe.  Since the recipes had different baking temperatures, I started the potatoes at 425 degrees.  Then about 25 minutes later, I put the meatloaf in at 375 degrees.  Both items were done at the same time, and the family all gave the meal a "thumbs up".  Today, I have chicken in the crockpot with some taco seasoning and chicken broth for some shredded chicken soft tacos for dinner tonight.  We got some beautiful, large, sweet onions at Costco last weekend.  They're calling for rain this weekend, so I foresee  a pot of french onion soup in my future.  I make mine with chicken broth rather than with beef broth, and prefer it this way.

Back to the sewing machine.

No comments: