Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First Whine Fest of 2009

I really need a whine fest today, so bear with me. I started sewing at age 9 when I made a gathered skirt as part of my 4-H years. I won a blue ribbon at the local fair with that skirt. I love sewing, and made a faux suede "Beatle Suit" in 8th grade. I've made wedding gowns, christening dresses, leisure suits and the like, and NEVER did I expose a zipper. Zippers were my greatest foe, and it took years before I mastered them. But now, have you seen the newest trend called "Exposed Zippers"? Just look at this!!!


And here's another:



Please tell me why I beat my head against the wall trying to master zipper insertion when I could have been a trendsetter at age 11 or 12. To me this just doesn't look professional, and yet the leading designers think it's great. OK, I'm done whining. What do you think??

No comments: