Thursday, January 8, 2009

HAPPY DAY!!!

My new cabinet arrived yesterday, and last night Rod put it together (with Izzy's help). It looks great, and I'm amazed at how much more storage I have. The top will be an excellent cutting and pressing surface, and the shelves in th large section could be placed far enough apart to hold the dishpans of "stuff" that I haven't had time to go through. So . . . . as soon as I finish cleaning off the table, I'm ready to start sewing again!! YAHHHHH!!!! It's been a long three weeks or so. The last time my sewing machine saw action was Dec. 21. I'm sure he's feeling seriously neglected. But, never fear, he will be humming again very soon. And I love the way the room looks. Don't tell anyone, but I bought a desk basket on ebay for $74.00. I'm almost ashamed to say I spent that much on a basket, but it's a Longaberger; and now that it's on the window sill shelf, I'm not at all sorry. I guess we should be allowed a little extravagance once in a while.

My cable box in the sewing room is acting a little screwy, so sometime today the cable guy is coming to replace the box and then I will have HD tv in that room. The room looks so organized and clean that it's just my own little piece of heaven, a perfect place to escape when Mom gets on my nerves. Well, off to clean off the TV area so that the cable guy can switch out the box.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Can't wait to see a photo of your room with your new piece of furniture once you have it all organized! It's a GOOD feeling to do that for us folks who have small sewing spaces (I am one of those).