Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Here and There

On Monday, I fell in the living room. Don't know how it happened -- One minute I was walking, and the next I was heading face down onto the carpet. I'm very bruised, I have a black eye, and I am really sore -- but I'm ok otherwise. A friend asked if I was "break" dancing, and I told her that no I was "tripping" the light fantastic!!!

Have you ever had so much to do that you felt really overwhelmed??? That's how I feel today. As many of you know I make dog bandanas and sell them to a local kennel. I used to sell them in the vet office where my daughter practices, but when the clinic was sold, the new owner didn't want my bandanas there. So, they were sent back home. Now the clinic has decided to sell bandanas at a local festival to raise money for their free care fund. And, my daughter the doctor has purchased almost $400 worth of fabric to be cut and sewn into bandanas before the festival on July 16th. She's cutting them, but since I'm the one with the serger (which is often less that cooperative) guess who's doing the serging. Not much of a problem -- I just put everything else on hold to do this for Kris. But here's the catch -- yesterday the kennel owner called with an order for bandanas. Now this is a great money-making activity for me and I've been selling to this kennel for about 12 years. So, do I put Kris's project on a temporary hold and concentrate on my own bandanas??? I've decided that is exactly what I need to do!! After all, the kennel is a regular customer, and I feel I need to take care of my clients. And I still am working on Bubby's birthday quilt for August, and I have one to make for Izzy's b-day in late September, and one for Krissy's b-day in early November. So, I guess the only way to tackle all this is one step at a time. Wish me luck!!

No comments: