Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Who Made this Mess???

That is the question of the day!! Was there a tornado in this room? Were there gremlins at work? Perhaps an earthquake. . . . nope, it was just me. My sewing room looked so good when it was all redone. But I have this terrible habit of only putting things away when the project is finished. At the present time, I have been working on my Disney quilt, then I started working on the quilt for Bubby's birthday. And bandanas were stuck in the middle. And since nothing has been finished, nothing has been put away, or even folded and stacked neatly. I just practice the Eleanor Burns method of tossing things over my shoulder in the general direction it should go.

On Sunday I wanted to start something new and fun -- the first thing that came to mind was my new laptop case. So I went to the sewing room and hunted up the fabric, the foam batting, all the hardware for the case. But where is the pattern? I don't know, do you??? Beats me!! This plastic box with the blue lid is where all my patterns are supposed to be kept, but it wasn't in there. And so the hunt began. I looked in that blue bag sitting beside the pattern box, but no luck. I looked in the basket I usually put new patterns in --not there. I looked in the drawer where the quilt patterns for the kids' birthday quilts are, but no laptop case pattern.

T'is certainly a mystery. Now I'm really getting angry with myself. Why don't you put things away when you're supposed to and where they are supposed to go. I just shrug my shoulders. Don't give me that attitude, I tell myself.


So, I say, maybe it's in one of the drawers in this plastic stack unit. And I search all the drawers, but no pattern. Finally this morning I tell myself (not so nicely, I might add) that this clutter must be put away before anything else is done in there. Because,in just two weeks, there's another quilt show where I'll probably buy more stuff and add it to the mess. So this morning, I started to refold all the fabric and straighten up the shelves before I put the newly folded fabric on the proper stack. And it's starting to look better, but there's still a lot to do. But still no pattern. I know it didn't just get up and walk away, so evidently I didn't put it anywhere near where it's supposed to go. And so the search continues. Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I, too, never put leftover fabric away after I cut it and...before long...I have a horrible mess in my sewing area (and beyond). It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one. hehehe

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Hi Linda, thanks for worrying about me...I'm back!!! Lots of Hugs, Mary Now to do the laundry!!