Tuesday, January 11, 2011

BOM's for 2011

I love Blocks of the Month quilts.  Probably because each block is different, and I get bored making a bunch of blocks that are the same.  That's why I do so many sampler quilts. But as the saying goes, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.  Richt now in my forgotten projects  projects-in-progress drawers, I have a Pat Sloan Circle of Friends quilt from 2005 (not even started).  I have a Farmer's Market Quilt from Pat Sloan (blocks finished and put together waiting on borders).  I have a teapot BOM still in bags never started.

I have 6 blocks from this Be Attitudes quilt finished, I have all the fabrics (including the borders), but have never finished it.


I'm thinking that I should used 2011 as a BOM Catch Up.  If I did each quilt's block during the assigned month, think how many quilts I would have finished by the end of the year.  Hmmmm, what a neat idea.  Yes, I think it's a plan and I'll keep you posted on my progress.

So why, I ask myself, am I thinking of taking on another BOM??!!  Bunny Hill Designs has released the first block in a BOM entitled Henrietta Whiskers.  Henrietta is an adorable little squirrel, which is why I've decided to do this block.  My son-in-law calls Granddaughter Krissy "Squirrel".  She loves this little animal, and has some T-shirts with squirrels on them.  So, what better quilt to work on as a surprise for Krissy than this Henrietta Whiskers quilt.

They are talking about snowfall for the rest of this week, not a blizzard like the east coast is expecting, but a good enough reason to sew this weekend.  Stay warm and safe.

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

I keep looking at Henrietta Whiskers telling myself I don't need another BOM. I'm only doing two. lol I have that Be book and if you don't mind I will do the same, 1 block per month. I feel better now that I've said all that. lol