Sunday, January 2, 2011

Word of the Year


Last year I chose "determination" as my word of the year.  Reading my post from December 31, 2009, I realized that as the year progressed, my determination was pushed aside.

I have chosen "Focus" as my word of 2011.  Merriam-Webster defines focus as "to concentrate attention or effort".  The key word for me is "concentrate".  As I walk through 2011, I need to concentrate on what I want out of life. I need to concentrate on what I need to do to achieve my various goals and dreams.  I need to focus on the main path and block out all the gobbledegook that takes me off that path and onto the side roads.

I guess that I should wear blinders like they used to put on horses.  That way I can only look forward and not be distracted by what's on the sides.  So today, I begin to focus.  Have you chosen a word of the year??

No comments: