Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good News

This morning I had another egg mug.  This one was with a thin sausage patty, some sugar free syrup, egg beaters and cheese.  It was great.  I think I'm finally teaching myself to eat more healthy.  For dinner the other night, I chose sugar free applesauce instead of french fries.  And the next night, I chose a salad as my side dish.  I've had some sort of veggie each night.  And I'm feeling better.  But here's the best news.  When I weighed myself this morning, I am down 6-1/2 pounds from January 1.  It doesn't sound like much, but it's a major accomplishment for me, and I'm proud of myself.  It hasn't been easy, I've had to give up a lot of chocolate.  I now limit myself to one miniature per day (Dove chocolate, Hershey nugget, etc.).  That's a really big sacrifice  achievement for me -- I could live (or die) on chocolate.

I've finished the top half of Jake's christening outfit, and will post photos soon.  And much to Rod's delight, I've been doing something for dinner most nights.  There have been a lot of crock pot meals, but that's why we bought the crock pot trio.  Yesterday I tried my own version of two recipes.  Both were for apricot chicken, but had varied ingredients.  I put my chicken tenders in the crock pot.  Then I added one envelope of french onion soup mix on top of the chicken.  The next layer was 1/2 a jar of pineapple apricot preserves, with a final layer of Marzetti's honey mustard salad dressing.  It was delicious.  We had mashed potato patties, and the gravy was really good on them.  I think it would be equally yummy on pasta of some kind.

I guess I'm still flexible to change my ways.  See, you can teach an old dog new tricks.

1 comment:

Kristin Marie said...

I'm so excited for you! I can sympathize, I struggle with my weight every day. A little encouragement never hurt anyone, so you go girl!

Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday, by the way!