Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cheerful on a Gloomy Day



Over the weekend, I decided that I would make Crunchy Asian Noodle Salad to have for my lunch this week.  (Recipe on the recipe page)  The recipe calls for a coleslaw mix, but when Rod did the shopping, he didn't find any.  Instead he bought a broccoli slaw mix.  I had heard of them, but had never eaten broccoli slaw.  I went ahead and made the salad with some changes.  I only made 1/2 of the dressing recipe, and used only 1 package of the Ramen noodles.  I didn't have any mandarin oranges, but I did have some "cuties".  I peeled two of them, sliced them and put them in the salad.  When I went to eat the salad, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.  The broccoli stays crunchier than the cabbage did, and has a great flavor.

This morning I started back on the Victoza, after getting my Dr.'s approval.  I took my shot at 6:00 am, and then went back to sleep at 7:00.  I drank my coffee at 7 and then waited to eat.  And I experienced no nausea.  I'm drinking more water, and hopefully that will eliminate the leg cramps.  I've started to keep a journal of how I feel, what my glucose levels are, and what I've eaten.  I figure it will help me to determine what foods aren't agreeing with me or my levels.  And, strangely enough, even though the day is really gloomy and the highs are only in the 40's, I'm feeling pretty cheery.  Hope your day is a good one.

2 comments:

JustCindy said...

I'm so glad you called your doctor. I have worried about you all day. The salad looks yummy. Where is the recipe?

Lindabee said...

It's on the recipe page of the blog.