Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Let Me Hear a Big Wahoo



And celebrate with me!!!  I have had two doses of the Victoza and so far have no unpleasant side effects.  My numbers this morning were 30 points lower than yesterday, and this is the first morning in a long time that I haven't wakened up with a headache.

But enough about the medical stuff.  Remember I posted about the mug buckets I made for my girls. . ?  Well, Mary loved them so much that she has asked me to make 6 of them as gifts for teachers for Teacher's Appreciation Day.  It's May 8, so I should have time.  I finished all the blocks for the Saddle Up sampler quilt, and have to finish those quilts for Memorial Day weekend.  Shouldn't be a problem.


 When I do my hand stitching during the day, I keep my "stuff" in a plastic zippy bag.  I know, it's so chic.  And I'm always afraid that someone will step on the bag and get a needle in their foot.  So I've been checking out needle books and other cool sewing aids on Pinterest.  Check out these cool pincushions complete with thread.  I downloaded the directions and am going to make one.  My thread spools are bigger than these, so I will try to adjust it to fit my thread.

  I won this metal lunchbox from Bee in My Bonnet, and think it will make an excellent sewing kit.  Then I decided I needed to make a needle book to hold my needles.  So now I'm trying to decide  what sort of needle book I want to make.  I have 2 multicolor  packs of felt, so I will have lots of colors to choose from.










I found this needle case and loved it.  I downloaded the directions and hope to get it made this weekend.  You can find the tutorial here:



Now I'm off to read a few blogs.  It's so great to feel positive and happy again.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Yea for success!! Love the little sewing lunch box!! How fun!

JustCindy said...

You go, girl! If Vic starts giving you a bad time, tell him to knock it off. I loved your post, it just sounded like you felt better.

Nani said...

WAHOO!! (hope it's big enough!)

Glad to hear you're doing well with the meds and getting your numbers under control!

LOVE that pincushion with the thread! It'[s cute and practical all at once - awesome!