Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good News

"They" say that everyone deserves a second chance, or maybe a third.  And so, I decided to give "Vic" another chance.  And boy am I glad that I did!!!  I had been thinking that when we were at Disney, I had no side effects.  I know that Disney is "magical", but I didn't believe that it affected my medications.  Each morning I would get up, take my shot, get dressed, and then travel to breakfast.  So, this time when I took up with "Vic" again, I have been taking my shot at 6AM, and then going back to sleep until 7.  And then I eat around 8.  The good news is that I have had no evil side effects and my numbers are great.  Morning numbers hover between 111 and 125, such a big improvement over 185 to 246.  And I feel great.  I take fewer naps during the day.  I no longer wake up with a headache, and my happy-happy has returned.  AND, I'm sewing again.

I've been trying to get away from playing so many games on Facebook.  But I need to keep busy so that I don't eat from boredom.  I've been downloading free books to my Kindle from Pixel of Ink. And I've been reading again.  And I didn't realize how much I missed it.  So I guess you could say that I have truly made a new beginning  - finally.  Hope I can stick with it.  Have a great rest of the week.