Monday, April 30, 2012

Sunny Monday

It is a very sunny Monday.  I'm not usually a fan of Mondays, but today is an exception.  On Friday evening Rod bought some Danish at Costco, and although I'm not supposed to eat them, I really pigged out on them on Saturday.  I got the sampler quilt blocks ironed and ready to square up on Saturday, but that was it.  Mary and the kids came to spend the afternoon.  With Mary student teaching, she goes to work at 7:30 am and many days it is 5:30 pm by the time she leaves the school.  She goes home, helps the kids with homework, cooks dinner, and then settles in to do lesson plans.  She has come up with some very innovative projects to supplement the lessons, and I'm so proud of her.  So spending the afternoon with her and the kids was a real treat.  But as the day progressed, I started to feel not-so-good.  The Danish were catching up with me.  Will I never learn!!!

Sunday started off much the same.  I decided to up my dosage of Victoza since on Saturday I wanted to eat everything in sight.  I don't know if it was the increased dosage or the Saturday binge, but I felt lousy.  I did venture out to Krissy's softball game at 4:00, and the twins and Mary's family came here after the game for a steak dinner.  And they cooked it!!!  I don't know if it was windburn or a fever, but I was really warm after they left, and debated about calling Kris about my taking Monday off.  But last night I slept really well.

And this morning, the sun came up and so did I.  I feel great today.  I have this mouth full of sweet teeth, not just a sweet tooth like most people.  So my plan for this week is to look through my back issues of Diabetic Living and my Hungry Girl cookbooks to find some sweet treats that are "legal" for me.


I did want to show you the photo of the mug buckets that I made for Mary to use for gifts for Teacher Appreciation Day.  One is on the mug and has some of my things in it (for photo only) and you can see the others around it.  One of the great things about this project is that they were all done with fabric, seam binding and ric-rac that I had already.  I didn't have to buy anything.  I can't really call this a "stash buster", but maybe it can be considered a "stash denter".


Hope your week is sew sunny. 

1 comment:

Nani said...

The mug buckets are as sweet as I thought they'd be! Awesome gift!!

I think I have multiple sweet teeth too. I know I have at least one that's just for chocolate! I did a recipe on my blog for a mug cake that's done with almond flour and splenda. That seems like it ought to be legal, but you're a better judge of that then me. I try to limit my sweets too, but I have a "Chocoholic First Aid Kit" that my BFF gave me years ago that I keep restocked, in case, yanno?

Have a fabulous week!