Thursday, April 19, 2012

To Ears Or Not to Ears???


 I love hats.  No really, I love hats.  When I needed a hat on our 2010 Disney trip, I bought this hat.  And it was one of my favorites.  However, when we were late arriving at the airport last year, Rod accidentally left it on the baggage counter when he was checking our bags.  And he felt terrible about it.

I had purchased this hat to take with us and it was smashed  neatly packed in one of the suitcases.  I really loved this hat, it was one of the hats that was a sun blocker hat.  It was soft and it was comfortable.  But after getting caught in a cloudburst at Animal Kingdom, it had lost it's shape, and certainly was no longer comfortable.






And so I bought this hat.  It was comfortable, but certainly not one of my most flattering choices.  And believe it or not, it was a very warm hat.  I thought being made of straw mesh, it would be cooler than some others, but I was mistaken.  So this year I will certainly need a new hat.  I think I will try to find one similar to the hat from 2010.







So now here is my dilemma.  Although I was a big Mickey Mouse Club fan in my younger years and had a set of Mouse Club ears, in adulthood I have not had a set of ears.  So, should I buy a pair of ears this year?  If so, should they be simple ears, ears with bows, glittery ears,  or maybe a hat with ears like Bubby had last year?  This would combine a new hat with ears, and I really loved this hat.  And so my question is "To ear or not to ear" .

1 comment:

Nani said...

Oh, I would totally ear! Then again, we're making plans to make our annual trip to the convention where David and I met and I've worn horns, fuzzy antennae and a green and white striped jester hat to that event, so maybe my opinion is, well, a less conservative opinion!

BTW - I love all three of the hats! Even that warm one was more flattering than you gave it credit for. You just look good in hats! But that hat with ears is fantastic. Just sayin' if I ever go to Disney, I might look for that one!