To quote Hannibal from the A-Team. I had such great plans for the applique embroidery quilt, and so many times great plans fall by the wayside. However, not this time. Although the 4-1/2" blocks looked way too "tight" for a 12" churn dash block, I used the 7/8 rule, and did 15" blocks instead. And they are perfect. The 5-1/2" center block looks in exactly the right proportion.
Over the weekend, I finished the applique blocks using the fabric glue stick, and they turned out really good. I have all 12 squared to 5-1/2". I also got the HST's cut and sewn, ready to press and square. And the strips pieces are sewn, ready to press and then cut to length.
I also finished the last block for the brown bag quilt. They are all pressed, and ready to square up to 12-1/2". I picked out the fabrics for sashing and borders, so hopefully I can get them cut this week. All in all, I think it was a very productive weekend. Hope you accomplished all that you wanted. Toodles!