Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Taa Daa!!!


I was a busy Lindabee this morning.  I put the farm quilt together.  This is made from the blocks that I did with the applique embroidery. I had wanted to do a churn dash quilt since it's one of my favorite patterns.  Since these blocks are 15" blocks,  I didn't need to add any sashings.  I really love how it turned out.

I wasn't getting the kids today, so this was supposed to be an "accomplish a lot" sewing day.   I finished putting this quilt together and started to iron fabrics for a couple of blocks, when suddenly I found myself  lying flat on my back on the floor.  I had no idea how I ended up there.  I looked over and there was my "wheelie" chair broken in two.  The weld that holds the seat to the pipe had broken and thrown me onto the floor.  I'm normally not a person who cusses a lot, but I let the "f-bomb" fly at that chair (along with a few other choice words).  And then I realized that, like the old lady on the commercial, I had fallen and couldn't get up.  Not having her medical alerting device, I reached the phone, and called daughter Pam (who works from home).  Pam was here in minutes, but we had no idea how I would get up.  Normal people could simply have gotten onto their knees and then stood up.  But, my knees are so bad that I can't even kneel in church.  So, we called for SIL Jimmy, who is strong as a horse.  When he walked in, I was sitting spread eagle on the floor.  "What are you doing down there", he asked.  I replied, "I thought I could see the TV better from here, but I was wrong."   In minutes, he had put his arms under mine and lifted me to a standing position.  Hmmm, was I OK?  I was awake, always a good thing.  I could walk, I could laugh at myself, and nothing felt broken.  I was OK.  Now, three hours later, I have a slight headache and I'm about to return to the sewing room.  And then maybe I'll burn that *#$@@*& chair just to show it who is boss.  Toodles!!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

hm...it must be the time for broken chairs...I broke one at retreat...felt so foolish...

Pat said...

I'm sorry for your mishap but happy you could laugh about it. Your quilt looks wonderful. Listen...if that headache persists, you better have it checked out......a headache after a fall can be a sign of something that needs professional examination.

JustCindy said...

The quilt is too cute for words. I'm so glad you were not hurt and I'm so glad you could reach the phone.