Remember my post about the best laid plans. . . . well, I was a little too optimistic. I started to put all the churn dash blocks together. I had enough of the HST's cut and pieced. So far, so good. But then I started to put the strips together. Not very much farm fabric left. Did what I had. Then I started to put all the blocks together, and lo and behold, there weren't enough strips for all the blocks. But there was no more farm fabric. So, I have ordered more farm fabric, and that quilt is now on hold.
Move on to the next quilt. I had wanted to do some sort of star block with all my different bandana fabrics. I figured I could use my AccuQuilt GO cutter to make it a little faster. Found a block that I liked, but no directions included. I knew it used the parallelogram, but wasn't sure of what other dies I needed to make the star. This morning I cut the parallelograms, and laid them out and then measured to see what pieces I needed. From what I measured, I need a triangle, (which I have the die for) and a 5" square. I don't have the die for the 5" square. I'm going to the Lancaster show next Friday and I know that Accuquilt will be there. After all, I bought the cutter there last year. So, a 5" square die is on my shopping list.. And that quilt is on hold.
Now I need to decide which quilt to do next. Hopefully one that won't be put on hold. Toodles!