Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm Getting There...

Slowly but surely.  As they say, "slow and steady wins the race".  I'm not so sure about that right now.  I've said before how much I love to hand piece my blocks.  And that's why I decided to do a sampler quilt with hand pieced blocks for the brown bag swap that I'm working on.  It's most definitely slow, and I'm working steadily, but for sure I'm not winning any races.  I finally finished block #11 and am starting to pin block #12 - the last one.  Two of the blocks gave me fits!!  The Celtic Sunrise block went to the trash after my frustration level had hit it's limit.  The other - Bird of Paradise - was easily fixed, and is finished.  And the last block, which is called Double Spinwheels, should be fun.  I have always loved pinwheels, and even as recently as last year, bought pinwheels to put in my garden boxes.  So, saving this block for last was a good thing . . . I think.  I'll let you know in a few days.

I'm still working on my applique embroidery.  I have 6 of the 12 blocks done for the farm quilt.  I'm hoping to finish those blocks this week, so that over the weekend I can get the sewing machine out and finish some sewing projects.  This week I have been drinking my coffee as soon as Rod brings it in, and then I'm up and dressed.  I feel like I'm accomplishing something.  I do believe that the fact that the sun has been shining a bit more and that the birds are beginning to sing has something to do with my mental improvement.  I hate the way the winter drags on, but I know in my heart that I wouldn't be happy living anywhere but here.  I love the changing of the seasons, just when you get tired of one. . .  poof - another shows up.  And, my blood sugars have been more in line, a fact that I'm sure ties into my mental improvement.  I'm just not sure which one is responsible for the other -- but I'll take it without question.  Hope you spring is on it's way.  Toodles!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I'm glad your sampler quilt is moving along for you. I've not done much lately since I have the cough that won't quit the past week or so....UGH!!!