Thursday, July 26, 2012

Today's Doctor Visit

Today I finally saw my doctor - first time since October.  He's very busy and if you cancel an appointment, you wait 3 months for another.  I was honest about my numbers, and told him of my frustrations and confusion.  I have read so much, and much of it conflicts what I was told in the beginning.  We decided to start over - make like I was just diagnosed today.  I probably have more diet books than the local library - cookbooks and all.  But the book that seemed to help me the most in the beginning was a book that my girls got from the diabetic nurse at the health care company they work for.  So as of today, I am chucking all the books except that one and one that lists all the exchanges for brand-name foods.  And it's back to the beginning.

1 comment: