Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Yawn!!!

I think last week is finally catching up with me.  My energy level is lower than normal, but tonight dinner is my responsibility.  I needed something healthy, delicious, and easy.  Tonight's dinner is brought to you by . . .  my crock pot.  Have you ever done an entire meal in a crock pot???  I did a couple of weeks ago, and it was delicious.  So today I decided to try a new one.  On the bottom of the pot,  I placed a pork tenderloin, it's small but plenty for Rod and I with some left over for his lunch.  On top of the tenderloin, I put a can of low sugar apple pie filling.  I just love pork with apples.  Over that, is a layer of aluminum foil to protect the meat from the other ingredients.  I took four large baking potatoes, cut them in wedges, placed each one on it's own sheet of foil, sprayed them with a spray margarine, and sprinkled them with Mrs. Dash Original.  Then I wrapped them up and placed them around the outside edges of the crock pot.  Enter a larger sheet of foil.  I cut some cauliflower florets, put them on the foil, and sprayed them with the spray margarine.  They were then topped with Tastefully Simple's Bacon-Bacon seasoning.  I wrapped them up and placed the packet in the center of the crock pot.  And Voila - dinner is cooking while I do whatever. Think I may cut out some new items for the Etsy store.  Have a great day!!

No comments: