Monday, February 28, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays. . . . .

always get me down.  And how.  Severe thunderstorms and tornado watches are out this morning.  I don't like any of those three.  And the gloomy always gets me down.  Have been working on more applique embroideries.  Ran out of stabilizer, and so yesterday my wonderful hubby offered to go to Joann to get some.  I rode along, but stayed in the car.  He went in and asked for stabilizer, and they sent him to an embroidery "store" that rents space inside Joann.  They sold him 3 rolls - 2 of which are paper.  I had never heard of such a thing, but then I'm relatively new to the embroidery scene.  But this morning I tried it out.  It is a little more difficult to pin the applique fabric onto it because it keeps wanting to tear.  But with a gentle touch, I was able to get it pinned and started the embroidery.  Surprisingly enough, it worked really well.  Removing the paper was much easier than the tear-away stabilizer, and didn't pull any stitches.

Currently making plans to go to the AQS Lancaster show on the 18th of March.  Ricky Tims is doing a concert Friday night, but doubt that we will make that.  But who knows, maybe I'll catch a glimpse of him and (dare I hope) be able to meet him.  I feel the need to get away, even if it's just for a day.  And what better to welcome spring than with a quilt show!!??

Kids will be here soon, have a great week.  Toodles!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Today is gloomy here, too, and I still can't kick my bad cough that I've had for about a week now. I hope each day for improvement. Maybe today will finally be the day?? Enjoy your embroidery.....and the quilt show for a day sounds like fun in a few weeks, too.