Friday, February 25, 2011

Tis a Puzzlement!

This morning I finished the boys' St. Paddy's shirts.  I hooped the stabilizer, and then put the hoop inside the onsie.  After pinning the front of the onsie in place, I pulled the back and sides up to the front side of the hoop, and, while doing the embroidery, made sure that they were out of the way.  It worked beautifully, and I feel a real sense of accomplishment.

But now the puzzlement. . .   I had originally planned on doing a churn dash block with embroidered farm appliques in the center white square.  Then, I had figured that I could complete the churn dash block with the red dot and farm fabrics from Jake's quilt.  However, this morning when I measured (and laid the finished sample of the appliques on top of a completed churn dash block) I discovered that it is just too close for comfort.  It just looks like some doofus tried to fit a "too large applique" into a too small square.  So, it's back to the drawing board.  I really love the churn dash block, and am contemplating doing a 15" block with a 5" center.  But I am definitely open to suggestions.  If you have a favorite block that uses perhaps a 6" center, please share.  Have a great weekend.  Toodles!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I am totally clueless about anything to do with an embroidery machine, but I'm sure you will have your projects looking nice by the time you are done with them.