This is the Linda's Star block. I thought with the name it would so great to put this into my quilt. So, I cut all my pieces, marked the seam lines, and began to hand piece. And then the problems. Some blocks were cut 2-3/4" and some were 2-7/8". Now I've never been one to worry about 1/8" -- I'm not an engineer. But in this case that little portion of an inch made all the difference in the world. So, one Sunday afternoon, I shut myself into the sewing room with all my pieces in hand. I laid them all out, measured them, and pinned them together. Aha, I thought. I've won. But ohh, nooo. Pieces were missing. Pieces were sewn in the wrong place. Can I conquer this block I wondered. So I set it aside for a day. Back to the
Stay warm and safe.