Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hump Day

Wow, I completely missed Tuesday. Well, not really. I was busy working on the Backyardigans quilt. Maybe tomorrow or Friday I'll post some photos of my progress. On Pat Sloan's blog, they're working on a Crooked Cabin Sew Along. I did the last Crooked Cabin sew along, and I love the quilt I got from it. However, this time, I had to pass. Just not enough hours in the day for another project. I have two of the blocks from Kristin's sampler quilt done, I can work on those during the day when the kids are watching TV. I cut 5 blocks this weekend thinking that I had an extra week before Bubby's birthday. Well, I don't!! The party is on the 9th of August, so I need to get a wiggle on, as my granny used to say. Mary has planned a party with a carnival theme. She's serving corn dogs, funnel cakes, popcorn, nachos and cheese, and soft pretzels, along with sno cones. We're playing lots of games on the "midway", and the kids will win tickets which they can turn in at the end of the party for prizes. I think it's going to be fun, and I think the kids will love it. Check out the invitation post cards she made for the party. All the necessary information was on the back. She's such a great idea person. She needed gifts for Bubby's teachers, therapists and bus drivers, and didn't have a lot of cash to spend. So, she packed gift bags with a huge Hershey bar, a box of graham crackers and a bag of marshmallows, along with a recipe card for microwave s'mores. Then she wrote a cute little poem about the person being sweet and deserving a sweet treat. It ends with "we can't wait to see you s'more next school year." Pretty inventive, huh!!! Do you have any neat gift ideas to share? Please do. See you tomorrow.

No comments: