Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Could Sure Use Some Advice

If it sounds like I'm rambling, please forgive.  I've been rolling fabric to put into the baskets I bought.  I have come across some fabric that I bought years ago for $1/yd.  at an outlet store.  It is clear that they are not 100% cotton, and are very heavily treated with fabric sizing.  If I've not used them, should I keep them?  I found some fabrics that daughter Kris bought for me almost 9 years ago.  If I've not used them, should I keep them?  And if I don't keep them, what do I do with them?  I have quilting magazines in magazine holders that take up one entire shelf.  I've not touched them in the last four years, only to move them.  Do I keep these magazines?  There are so many free patterns, free BOM's, and clubs available online.  And I have so many kits that I haven't even started yet.  Am I taking up precious space with magazine that I don't use?  And if I get ride of them, what do I do with them?  I'm just so tired of looking for things that I can't find because of all the stuff I never use.  I have blocks that one of my grandmothers and an aunt made.  I've not done anything with them.  Do I keep them?  And what about all the scraps that I think I might use someday?  I have a problem with throwing things away because I'm afraid that I might need them someday.  Does that make me a hoarder?  Am I going to end up on that TV show?  Please tell me what you would do.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I would get on Yahoo groups and see if you have a FREECYCLE group in your area... That's what I do with my magazines and stuff I don't want... I just leave the stuff on the front porch and they come and get it..the majority of them don't even ring the doorbell...
The blocks that were made by your grandma and aunt would be harder for me to tell you to get rid of..maybe you could make pillows out of the blocks for each of your girls? Then they are out of your house but you haven't lost them..

JustCindy said...

You could donate the magazines to a quilt guild or a senior citizen center also. I would not get rid of the blocks made by your aunt and grandma. I liked her pillow idea, maybe there would be enough blocks for everyone to get a pillow. I know your girls would like that.

Nani said...

I totally agree with the pillow idea. I couldn't part with the squares made by family. In fact, I have a bag of crochet squares my Grandma made that I'll eventually put together and some quilt squares that are in my Dad's basement that eventually will be used to teach me at least quilting basics.

Nani said...

Oh, and the rest of the comment.... :D

The magazines and extra fabrics can definitely be donated to a quilt guild or a church craft group.

Pat said...

The others have already said what I would have suggested......and I'd certainly not part with the blocks made by family members years ago.