Wednesday, March 12, 2008

No more snow, please

I live in a rural area of western PA about 25 miles from Pittsburgh. We've had a lot of snow this year - what the road crews call "nuisance snow" because it's a little for several days in a row. I'm so tired of snow, and was much excited yesterday as I saw my first robin of the season. Now, the robin's appearance is supposed to be a harbinger of spring, but this morning when I awoke -- you guessed it -- more snow. They say it will melt before the day is over, so one can hope. Temperatures for the weekend are supposed to be in the 40's so maybe spring will arrive someday soon. I dream of seeing the daffodils which line the fence along the front of our property in the spring. Even the pussy willow in the yard seems to still be in hibernation. I usually have an Easter Egg Hunt for my grandkids, and my great nieces and nephews. This year, however, I have cancelled it because I don't think it's fair to ask kids to dig through the snow for Easter eggs. Have a good "over the hump day".

No comments: