Monday, March 31, 2008

Dreary Monday

Well, it's another dreary Monday - raining, but at least a little warmer today. However, I feel refreshed. We went to the Lancaster show this past weekend. I didn't buy too much - some threads (which seem to be my latest passion) and some cording that Bernina was demonstrating with their machine. And I bought a kit for a new bag, however they were sold out of the pattern and will ship it. I did love looking at all the quilts on display. I noticed how many were embellished with beading and crystals. The beads really made the quilts pop, and I found myself taking a closer look while saying, "Wow, what is that?". So yesterday I ordered Pat Sloan's book on beading and a few of her bead packs. I really need to check this out. DH was with me and it is so cool when he looks at quilt blocks and says, "Didn't you make that block?" He's a designer, and especially notices the geometrics of the quilts, but lately he's also been commenting on the colors. He finally admitted on Saturday that somehow any quilt with purple in it really appeals to him. Guess I better finish up the sampler quilt that I did with purples in it. Hope your Monday is a cheery one. Linda

No comments: