Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday is Gratitude Day

It's Tuesday, and I'm still not used to the time change. I'm usually in the sewing room around 6:30 am, and I read my emails and favorite blogs before starting on that day's project. It's still dark nowat that time of the morning, but I have to admit I like having more daylight in the evening.

For those who don't know, I watch two of my grandkids during the day while their moms work. Bubby is 4-1/2, and has spina bifida. He's a real hoot, but doesn't walk independently yet. He uses a walker, and can scoot faster than I can walk (or so it seems). I also watch Izzy who's 5 months and just a beauty. They keep me hopping most of the day. Two days each week, I have Izzy from 8:30 am until 8:30 pm. Those days are really long. Today, however is a short day. I look forward to those.

Since I'm waiting for fabric to arrive so that I can finish the log cabin quilt I started over the weekend, I'll work on a couple of applique blocks that are in progress. Do you work on more than one project at a time?

Today is a gratitude day for me. I concentrate on those things in life that I'm thankful for. I do this on most Tuesdays. Today I'm thankful that spring is nearly here, that I have all my senses in tact and can hear the laughter of my grandkids and the singing of the birds outside my window. I'm always thankful for the fact that all four of my girls live within 5 minutes of me, and that I see each of them nearly every day. What are you thankful for today?

No comments: