Monday, March 10, 2008

Sew Much to Do....

Seems to be the story of my life, but if it doesn't get done, I adopt Scarlett's attitude, "I'll think about it tomorrow."



I decided I needed a blog so DD Mary created one for me. I've made friends all over the US (and beyond) through quilting and thought this would be a great way to keep in touch with my cyber-friends and my IRL friends, too.



I'm wife to one, mom to four, and Grammy to three. I've done crafts most of my life and did craft shows for almost twenty years. Now I'm a stay-at-home-Grammy and my sewing is mostly for family and friends...and sometimes for me, too.


Quilting is my passion, but I also enjoy sewing. I've made purses, backpacks, Christmas stockings, and wallets. I made wedding gowns for my older two daughters, and for DD Mary's wedding I also made the dresses for the bridesmaids and flower girls. I made the dresses for the flower girls in DD Kristin's wedding, too. I made the christening gowns for my granddaughters, Krissy and Izzy, and made a little suit for grandson, Bubby.


I made this quilt for my Blue's Clues-loving grandson for his 4th birthday. I used coloring book pages and appliqued each block. It was one of his favorite presents and the only one he still uses six months after his birthday!



This is one that I made as part of online weekend quilting retreat with Pat Sloan's online quilting group. It was based on her Crooked Cabins book. Didn't think that I wanted to do this quilt, but never pass up an opportunity to learn something new, so I decided to give it a try with blocks and bee fabrics that I had on hand. Now it's one of my favorite quilts.


I enjoy cooking so you may see an occassional recipe here. Check back occasionally to see what's new.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Good for you for starting a blog. That is on my list of things to do someday. (I have to figure out how to DO it first, of course!!! LOL)

Pat in DE