Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ahhhhhh Spring

Today when I awoke it was 63 degrees, the birds were singing, the fish are swimming in the pond, and the pussy willows are opening. I think spring might actually be here. Yesterday I quilted the bandana log cabin quilt and have just one more side to sew the binding down on. Yes . . . . I still sew most of my bindings by hand. Haven't quite mastered the art of machine sewing the binding. It never seems to look good on both sides. I've tried straight stitching, zigzag, blanket and it never looks straight. Maybe on the next quilt I'll try blind hem and see how that does. Right now the jar quilt is under the machine and is probably about 1/4 of the way done. I've been using some of the variegated threads I bought at the Hampton and Lancaster shows and really love the way they look. Hopefully I can post some photos later this week.

Don't forget it's Gratitude Tuesday. I'm thankful for warm temperatures, and the promise of new life in the way everything is turning green. What are you thankful for this morning? Take the time to stop and give thanks today. Linda

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. I think there is nothing wrong with still sewing the binding on by hand. When I sew mine by machine it never looks straight either maybe next time I will sew the binding by hand and add a little love.