Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What's my Problem?

You know, I've always been an early riser -- love the mornings. Usually Rod brings me coffee before he leaves for work at 6:00 A.M., and then I get up, get dressed and am in the sewing room before 6:30. This week, however, I can't seem to get moving and it's been after seven when I get here and I haven't touched a thing on the sewing table yet this week. I'm on a new medication, so maybe that's it. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

The daffodils in the yard are finally opening up, the pussy willows are in full bloom and the forsythia are close to being a profusion of yellow, so one would think that spring has arrived. Hah -- they're calling for rain and snow mix this weekend. Sounds like a perfect weekend to lock myself in the sewing room and get things done. I wanted to have a couple of quilts ready for binding so that I could sew on the way to York the end of next week, but now we have a Zune and I'm in charge of skipping the songs we don't want to listen to. Sewing might now be an option this time.

We're getting our Wish List ready for the train show. Krissy says we need some small pine trees and some more apple trees. And of course we need the new playground. The merry-go-round goes around, the seesaws and swings also move. We like that idea. She also wants the hamburger joint, but we're just not sure about that one. One of these days soon, I'll post a photo of Rod's train layout. It's in what used to be the family room downstairs and he's built it from scratch with a little help from family members. He says it will never be finished because it will always change. I haven't seen it since early winter, so maybe this weekend I'll sneak down for a peek. We have a circus, a town, a farm, an oil well, and a sawmill. It's pretty impressive or at least it was the last time I saw it. Have a good Wednesday. Linda

No comments: