Thursday, May 8, 2008

Looking on to the Weekend

Just today and one more, and we're at another weekend. We went last night and purchased the lumber for the deck roof, and it's being delivered on Friday. Hopefully the guys will be ready to start first thing Saturday morning. I'm planning on bribing them with donuts from a local baker - they're the best. Jimmy, my DSIL, has been selected to compete on Friday in a Carpenter's competition at the school where he's been taking classes towards his journeyman status. He has already taken his final exam, and will officially finish his apprenticeship in June. We are so proud of him, and can't tell you how much we love him. He and Mary have been together since 7th grade, except for one short stint where they each dated someone else. Seems like he's been in our family forever. I tease him and tell him I raised him to be the guy we wanted for Mary. Next week, maybe photos of the progress on the deck roof. See you. Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda, I love your blog! I really liked reading about Wednesday Whine! LOL I hate being fat too! Every time I look in the mirror I am shocked-like who is that/when did I get fat? Shelley in NB, also a Sloanie