Thursday, May 15, 2008

Moving Right Along


Yep, I'm moving right along on the Slice of Summer quilt by Pat Sloan. It's a quilt I started in the class I took from Pat last July in Hershey. Mary took this photo yesterday, but since then I have all the pieces fused, the borders are on, and I just have some blanket stitching to finish and it's ready to sandwich for quilting. I wasn't sure about the backgrounds I had chosen at the class, but decided I needed to finish up this quilt since I have declared that 2008 is my year to "Finish It Up". But the more I do, the more I like it. Pat's quilt had honeysuckle where the bleeding hearts are, but honeysuckle makes me sneeze (LOL), and I love my white bleeding hearts, so I did my own thing. We have a camp near Pymatuning Lake, and I added the campfire and s'mores are to honor camp. The crow and watermelon are original to Pat's design, but have a special meaning for me, too. When the twins were a little over a year old, Rod worked 4-12 one Friday night and then we left for camp. The twins went to bed at regular time and so when we arrived at camp at about 2:00 am, they were wide awake. I tried to keep them quiet, but at 6:00 when the sun came up, the crows started doing their "Caw-Caw" and both twins decided it was a good time to practice theirs. Geez, how do you shut up a set of twins (I still ask myself this question) who have had a full night's sleep. Finally about 7:00 am Rod got up with them, took them outside to "caw-caw" and the older girls and I got some sleep. I'll post the full quilt later. Have a great day. Linda

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt....it's lovely and isn't it fun to vear off the beaten path and make something our own.

Anonymous said...

What a great memory and so funny!

(Psst, I just tagged you for a meme on my blog. No pressure; you deserve a day in your sewing room, so if you’re busy, no worries!)