Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday, Yeah

Finally it's Saturday. Last night we went and bought a new dishwasher, and Rod got it all installed. No more handwashing dishes. So, I still needed groceries. This morning Rod woke up at 5:40am and couldn't get back to sleep, so guess who else woke up -- me. Are we crazy or what? At 6:00 we left to go grocery shopping. The store was practically empty, and $284 later we left to load the groceries into the car. Boy, can you believe how prices are going up? But I must have done OK since I had trouble finding room for everything in the cupboards. I bought all the fixings for a hot dog bar for lunch - sauerkraut, chili, onions, cheese-in-a-can, and more. Yum! For dinner I bought half a ham to bake, Mary is going to make hot German potato salad and we'll throw in some mac'n'cheese for those who don't eat the potato salad. The guys are going to work on the roof since the side job Jimmy had planned for isn't happening until next weekend. Tomorrow, we plan on getting the patio set that Rod promised me for Mother's Day. Have a good weekend. Linda

No comments: