Monday, June 16, 2008

National Fudge Day

I guess that this is National Fudge Day. Mmmm, I do love fudge. In fact, I don't think I've ever met a fudge I didn't like. Although Paula Deen's cheesy fudge sort of turns me off. Just the thought of cheese in fudge makes me go blahhh. For recipe, see here. http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_22063,00.html

We had a great Father's Day weekend. Once again Rod and Jimmy worked through cloudbursts to put up the new ramp coming off the deck. My mom came home from the nursing home for the day on Sunday, so they were working against a deadline. But. . . . being the two awesome guys they are, they made it. We had burgers and chips, and then later s'mores for our Father's Day with all the kids. Our local Giant Eagle has a selection of pre-made burgers including, bacon and cheddar, bbq, gyro, jalapeno pepper, peppercorn, and more. We love the bacon cheddar, but this time we also tied the gyro and bbq burgers. They are huge, so I can barely finish one, but the gyro burgers were great. Next time we get them though, we need to make the cucumber sauce for on them. Kristin brought a veggie tray and hot dogs, and Mary made a great dip that she got the recipe for from the Pioneer Woman's website. Then yesterday, Mary and Jimmy, the twins and my mom joined us for a great dinner of marinated pork, baked potatoes, grilled corn and grilled pineapple slices. The twins made their daddy his favorite dessert -- coconut cream pie.

Starting Wednesday, Pat Sloan is doing a sew along from her book "Beyond the Basics". It's a flying geese pattern, and I've never done the flying geese. So, I'm hoping to do the sew along with Pat. Check out the info here at her blog, and see if you're interested. http://patsloan.typepad.com/ I think I have the book, but need to check so that if I don't I can order it. Pat's shipping department (hubby, Greg) ships almost immediately when you order, so I know if I need to I can get it super quick. Have a good week.

No comments: