Friday, June 27, 2008

Weekend is Coming

And aren't we glad? Last night Jimmy got the last gutter up on the deck roof just before we got a really bad storm. Rod has rigged up a pipe that goes from one of the downspouts into the pond, so that we don't have to fill the pond anymore -- Mother Nature does it for us. By the time we went to bed last night, the pond was overflowing. They are calling for thunderstorms everyday until next Wednesday. We're hoping that the weather person is right and that the storms will hold off until late tomorrow afternoon, as we're all going to Kennywood Park tomorrow for the Carpenter's Union Picnic. The whole family is going, and last year we had a really good time. I don't ride the rides, but I'm definitely a "people watcher" and there are always some sights to behold!! http://www.kennywood.com/ Everyone raves about Kennywood's Potato Patch Fries, but I'm more impressed with their corn dogs. It's the first place where I've gotten a corn dog and it hasn't tasted like the stick. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Then on Sunday, I hope to get some quilting in. Today I have a dr's appointment for my quarterly check-up and so I don't have any of the kids today. Maybe I can start a new project. Have a great weekend.

No comments: