Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday Whine Fest

It's Wednesday -- time for the Whine Fest, but I don't have anything to whine about. Either life is pretty good, or I just don't get out enough. The severe storms that have been moving through the midwest are scheduled to arrive here today. I hate storms, but have to keep a calm face because of the kids.

I ordered more fabric for the pillowcases I am to make for a swap. I thought I had ordered enough, but was about 1 yard short, and hopefully it will arrive soon so that I can make the June 15 deadline. I also ordered some Heat n Bond lite because for some reason our Walmart has stopped carrying the lite. The price was about twice what I was paying at Walmart, but I have projects I needed it for. And, I ordered batting for my Slice of Summer top. Hopefully I can get it basted and quilted right after the pillowcases are done.

My sewing room is still greatly in need of serious de-cluttering. Kristina is out of school now, and she's a great little helper, so maybe I can get her to help. She loves playing with all the fabric scraps in my waste can. I used to make clothes for the cement and plastic geese, and when I stopped selling in the stores, we cut a slit in one of the plastic geese and gave it to Krissy for a bank. You should see some of the outfits that Ms. Goose ends up with. Krissy keeps telling me that she wants to be a fashion designer, and she's got a good start. That's it for today. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh, I noticed Heat n Bond lite on the clearance rack at my local Wally World. Asking the clerk told me that she didn't have a clue why it was there. I bought all they had....lol